From the press release for the project:
KoRoot is reaching out to ask for your help with interrupting the ignorance surrounding the Baby Box. KoRoot has been working together with adult adoptees, unwed mothers, and allies who are committed to the human rights of infants and single mothers. We believe that every person has the right to family, and that we have a responsibility to help preserve families that are targeted by economic and social injustices. Moreover, we are distraught by the media’s celebration of the Baby Box as a humanitarian effort, while the fight for family preservation led by unwed mothers and adult adoptees has been overlooked.
How can you help?
KoRoot invites you to participate in our #BuildFamiliesNotBoxes social media takeover on Wednesday, January 22, Seoul, South Korea. We’re raising the question: How do you define family? Share your story at #BuildFamiliesNotBoxes.
• Forward this email your friends, families, communities. Include translation and a personal message if appropriate.
• Add @KoRoot_2011 on Twitter.
• Add Ko Root as your Facebook Friend.
• Like KoRoot’s Facebook Page.
• Adoptees only: Join KoRoot Facebook Group.
• Watch for the KoRoot_2011 #BuildFamiliesNotBoxes announcement on Twitter
Laura Klunder, MSW
Adoptee Relations Coordinator
125-10, Jahamun-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-030, Korea
110-030 서울시 종로구 자하문로 125-10
Tel: 020 3210-2451
Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Cordialement | Mit freundlichen
Grüssen | Cordialemente | Con cordial saludo