I recently received a “cease and desist” letter from an adoptive parent who had posted an entry basically stating that she was sick of IA criticism. Her blog was open to comments, and I commented, but apparently the blog is only open to some comments. I think the letter itself is interesting, because it really gives us some insight into what we often bring up in our discussions here:
- There is a dominant discourse which does not wish to hear resistant voices;
- Resistant voices will be dismissed, attacked, maligned;
- Those resisting will be attacked personally in terms of mental well-being, upbringing, etc.;
- The dominant voice will be portrayed as the victim;
- The dominant voice will attempt to co-opt or subsume the resistant voice.
View original post 683 more words